How Can You Avoid The USA Visa Process When Traveling To The States?

What do you know about the USA visa process? There is an interview required, and much of the tips devoted to helping people get their US visa have to do with that interview. First, are you going to be in the US longer than 3 months? If so, you are right in that you need a visa. Yet if you are going to be traveling for less than 90 days, you may just qualify for what’s called the visa waiver program.

Would you like to know more about the visa waiver program? If you qualify, you don’t have to go through that interview process. In fact, you don’t even have to visit the embassy or consulate. You just have to fill out your online application and get down to business.

There is a list of countries for the VWP, and if eligible, you apply with ESTA, or the electronic system for travel authorization. It’s a quick online application, and the fee for the process is just $14. Once you are done filling out the application, all you have to do is wait for the automated system to approve you.

Based on two factors, you’re most likely going to know whether or not you are going to be approved. The two factors have been mentioned, and they are your home country and whether or not you plan on staying in the US longer than 90 days. If you are going to be leaving before the 3 months is up, you might as well look into the VWP with ESTA.

Once you get your ESTA, you can continue to return to the US, too, for a period of two years. After the two years is up, you will have to reapply with ESTA. And if your passport expires before then, that is going to cause you to have to reappy with ESTA, too. That is something you will want to be thinking about when it comes to your passport.

Does applying for the VWP sound like a plan to you? If you know you’re going to be staying longer than 3 months, or your country isn’t on the list, then you know it’s time to start preparing for that visa interview. Yet hopefully you can avoid the USA visa process and make your way to the US with a valid ESTA. It would be nice to travel to the states without that hassle.